Sunday 3 January 2010

A walk in our South Pennines


Sunday 3rd Jan 2010.
                                 Today I've been a walk into Thursden Valley about 3 miles from where I live, it's an unremarkable ordinary Pennine valley but it's special to me because I spent most of my childhood  playing there.
   Today under winter skys its hard to imagine that this valley will come back to life in a few months time with Bluebells,Orchids and wild Brown Trout darting about in the clear moorland stream,( all the wonders of nature that I enjoy).
                          What also struck me on the walk was how Pendle Hill tends to stand out under it's mantle of snow.

Looking east to Thursden Valley




Wild Thursden Valley





                                        Images of Pendle Hill

1 comment: