Tuesday 14 July 2009

My Wildlife Garden




























  • Minnows congregate at the bottom of the stream.




























Tues. 14th July 09.
Over the last few days I've been tidying up and cutting back around my wildlife ponds .I have 2 ponds linked with a stream, a submersible pump circulates the water around the ponds and down the stream at about 1800 gallons per hour.
The Dragon and Damselflies are beginning to emerge and the bottom pond has got a good few dozen Pond Skaters. The Sticklebacks have spawned and there are is a new generation of tiny sticklebacks around in the sheltered areas of the pond.My Minnows have entered the stream and there is plenty of mating activity, so I'm hoping they will spawn in the stream or in the top pond.
My Garden peaks in June so it's just past it's best, sadly my Wild Orchids are beginning to set seed.
Thanks for viewing.
see you soon.
David.

1 comment:

  1. Hi David,
    You've found some spectacular orchids in your travels -excellent photos of them, too.
    Would that be the Northern Marsh Orchid in some photos? We get the Southern variety down here on the IoW - I suppose that stands to reason!
    Your garden looks wonderful.
    Best wishes for new blog - looking great,
    Rob ;)

    ReplyDelete